Sprouts, Albertsons said to be in merger talks
The shares of Sprouts Farmers Market have jumped by more than 20 percent over the past week on speculation that the Phoenix-based chain of organic food stores could be acquired by Albertsons in a deal with potential impact to local shoppers and the companies' more than 18,000 combined Arizona workers.
A Bloomberg article late Sunday, without naming sources, reported that representatives of the two supermarket chains have held preliminary merger talks. Sprouts stock increased from under $18 a share to around $22 last week, closing Monday at $21.82 a share, down 20 cents a share for the day.... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor