Stalker clinic opens in London; goal to reduce rape, assaults by treating stalkers' mental illnesses
British stalkers have a new place to turn for help.
St. Ann's Hospital in London opened its first clinic for stalkers Thursday, with the goal of preventing rape, sexual assaults and murder.
The clinic's opening marks a transition in the way British authorities think about stalkers. Rather than just prosecuting and punishing them, the courts will now have the option of referring stalkers to the clinic to treat their mental health problems.
The unique medical center may be the first of its kind in the world, The BBC reports.
Dr. Frank Farnham, one of the clinic's founders, outlined four main... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt