Stalker clinic opens in London; goal to reduce rape, assaults by treating stalkers' mental illnesses
British stalkers have a new place to turn for help.
St. Ann's Hospital in London opened its first clinic for stalkers Thursday, with the goal of preventing rape, sexual assaults and murder.
The clinic's opening marks a transition in the way British authorities think about stalkers. Rather than just prosecuting and punishing them, the courts will now have the option of referring stalkers to the clinic to treat their mental health problems.
The unique medical center may be the first of its kind in the world, The BBC reports.
Dr. Frank Farnham, one of the clinic's founders, outlined four main... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...