Stars admit it: They're watching the standings
PITTSBURGH — The Stars admitted they are keeping an eye on Phoenix, their closest competition for the final Western Conference wild-card playoff spot.
The two teams have jockeyed back and forth in recent weeks, and the Stars have a game in hand on the Coyotes.
Center Cody Eakin said the Stars set an internal goal for how many wins they need to make the playoffs, though he couldn’t remember the exact number.
“I think we all know about it,” captain Jamie Benn said. “The good thing is it’s in our hands. We’ve got a few games on Phoenix here, so we can’t be throwing away any more games.”
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...