Start the clock for Trump, GOP in last push on taxes, budget
WASHINGTON (AP) — Start the countdown clock on a momentous two weeks for President Donald Trump and the GOP-run Congress.
Republicans are determined to deliver the first revamp of the nation's tax code in three decades and prove they can govern after their failure to dismantle Barack Obama's health care law this past summer. Voters who will decide which party holds the majority in next year's midterms elections are watching.
Republicans are negotiating with Democrats on the contentious issue of how much the government should spend on the military and domestic agencies to avert a holiday... read more
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki
- 00:45 What did Trump and Putin talk about? Only they know