State begins investigation of inmates who began riot at CoreCivic private prison in Eloy
CLOSE A private-prison operator is expanding the Red Rock Correctional Center in Eloy to take up to 1,000 medium-custody inmates from Arizona. Tom Tingle/azcentral.com
The state Department of Corrections has begun a criminal investigation into the inmates who rioted Sunday at Red Rock Correctional Center in Eloy, leaving a dozen inmates and two officers injured.
Andrew Wilder, a state Corrections spokesman, said four of the 12 injured inmates remained hospitalized Monday and were in stable condition. Both staff members were treated for minor injuries and released, he said.
Wilder also said... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler