State begins investigation of inmates who began riot at CoreCivic private prison in Eloy
CLOSE A private-prison operator is expanding the Red Rock Correctional Center in Eloy to take up to 1,000 medium-custody inmates from Arizona. Tom Tingle/azcentral.com
The state Department of Corrections has begun a criminal investigation into the inmates who rioted Sunday at Red Rock Correctional Center in Eloy, leaving a dozen inmates and two officers injured.
Andrew Wilder, a state Corrections spokesman, said four of the 12 injured inmates remained hospitalized Monday and were in stable condition. Both staff members were treated for minor injuries and released, he said.
Wilder also said... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law