State offers $2,000 for information on elk poaching in Gila County
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone who has been poaching elk near a residential community in Gila County.
The department said in a statement Tuesday that several elk were illegally shot over a two month span in Pine, about 15 miles northwest of Payson.
"Not only were the animals... killed outside of the legal season, it is illegal and unethical to waste game meat in Arizona," department spokeswoman Amy Burnett said.
Department officials said they believe someone might have seen something, because the elk... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...