State offers $2,000 for information on elk poaching in Gila County
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone who has been poaching elk near a residential community in Gila County.
The department said in a statement Tuesday that several elk were illegally shot over a two month span in Pine, about 15 miles northwest of Payson.
"Not only were the animals... killed outside of the legal season, it is illegal and unethical to waste game meat in Arizona," department spokeswoman Amy Burnett said.
Department officials said they believe someone might have seen something, because the elk... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...