State Sen. Brady concedes Illinois governor's race
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. -- State Sen. Bill Brady has conceded the four-way Republican primary for Illinois governor.
He told supporters Tuesday in Bloomington that the race didn't end up as he'd hoped.
Early returns showed Brady far behind businessman Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and state Sen. Kirk Dillard. The fourth candidate, Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford (ROOTH'-ur-furd), delivered a statement shortly after polls closed saying he'd be back with a different role in Illinois politics.
Brady says he wasn't ready to call anyone to congratulate them because the numbers were still close.
Brady won... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco