State Sen. Brady concedes Illinois governor's race
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. -- State Sen. Bill Brady has conceded the four-way Republican primary for Illinois governor.
He told supporters Tuesday in Bloomington that the race didn't end up as he'd hoped.
Early returns showed Brady far behind businessman Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and state Sen. Kirk Dillard. The fourth candidate, Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford (ROOTH'-ur-furd), delivered a statement shortly after polls closed saying he'd be back with a different role in Illinois politics.
Brady says he wasn't ready to call anyone to congratulate them because the numbers were still close.
Brady won... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike