Statewide Democratic candidates sharpen attacks on GOP
With the clock running for them to get their messages out, the crowd of long-shot Democratic Party hopefuls running for Texas' top offices sharpened their attacks Wednesday night on Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick.
Lupe Valdez, the former Dallas County sheriff running for governor, accused the Republican leaders of engaging in a "Wizard of Oz Charade" with bathrooms and a ban on sanctuary cities to distract Texans from real issues like school funding and property taxes.
Houston entrepreneur Andrew White, who hopes to beat Valdez and seven others in the March 6 primary,... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House