Steve Belles excited to turn Hamilton hazing page, get back to coaching
CLOSE Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery announces that there will be no charges for Hamilton High staff in a football hazing case that rocked the school community. David Wallace/The Republic
Steve Belles choked back tears.
He was processing the Maricopa County Attorney's decision on Wednesday not to file criminal charges against him and two Chandler Hamilton High administrators over the hazing incidents that led to arrests of football players last spring, which rocked the community.
Belles, who led Hamilton to five state football championships, was removed from his coaching duties,... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia