Steve Montenegro ignores text scandal, accuses Debbie Lesko of funding 'scheme'
With days left to vote in a primary election, congressional hopeful Steve Montenegro publicly ignored the texting scandal that has overshadowed his campaign this week and tried to focus unwanted attention on an opponent.
The former state senator kept a low profile on the campaign trail for the vacant West Valley seat and didn't make time to field media questions on the texting controversy that he has characterized as "false and defamatory."
Instead, Montenegro's campaign pointed to Republican rival Debbie Lesko's shifting of $50,000 in state campaign funds to a federal independent... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law