Steve Montenegro ignores text scandal, accuses Debbie Lesko of funding 'scheme'
With days left to vote in a primary election, congressional hopeful Steve Montenegro publicly ignored the texting scandal that has overshadowed his campaign this week and tried to focus unwanted attention on an opponent.
The former state senator kept a low profile on the campaign trail for the vacant West Valley seat and didn't make time to field media questions on the texting controversy that he has characterized as "false and defamatory."
Instead, Montenegro's campaign pointed to Republican rival Debbie Lesko's shifting of $50,000 in state campaign funds to a federal independent... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...