Steve Montenegro's path to the U.S. shapes his tough views on immigration
CLOSE Five Republican candidates in the race for the 8th Congressional District seat give their thoughts on border security, immigration and \u0022dreamers\u0022 during the azcentral debate Jan. 24, 2018.
Like other Republicans running for a vacant West Valley congressional seat, Steve Montenegro vows to "build the wall," oppose "amnesty" for undocumented migrants and support other "America first" immigration policies.
Unlike the other 8th District candidates, Montenegro could easily have been on the other side of the wall he favors.
Montenegro, 36, is a... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...