Steve Montenegro's path to the U.S. shapes his tough views on immigration
CLOSE Five Republican candidates in the race for the 8th Congressional District seat give their thoughts on border security, immigration and \u0022dreamers\u0022 during the azcentral debate Jan. 24, 2018.
Like other Republicans running for a vacant West Valley congressional seat, Steve Montenegro vows to "build the wall," oppose "amnesty" for undocumented migrants and support other "America first" immigration policies.
Unlike the other 8th District candidates, Montenegro could easily have been on the other side of the wall he favors.
Montenegro, 36, is a... read more
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...