Stocks lower ahead of Friday jobs report
U.S. stocks fell Thursday as investors' recent enthusiasm for stocks cools a tad ahead of the key U.S. jobs report Friday and after a big rally that has recouped the bulk of the 2016 losses.
In afternoon trading, the Dow Jones industrial average was down about 30 points, or 0.2%. Since the 2016 market low on Feb. 11, the blue chip stock gauge has rallied more than 1,200 points, or more than 7%, trimming its year-to-date loss to 3%. The Dow has also climbed out of correction territory, defined as a 10% drop from a high, as it is now down 7.7% from its May 2015 peak.
Broader market gauges... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...