Straus forms panel to study business competitiveness
AUSTIN --Seeking to restore Texas' strong relationship with business after the fight over the controversial bathroom bill, House Speaker Joe Straus on Thursday announced a new legislative committee to ensure the state remains competitive in attracting new companies.
The San Antonio Republican -- who opposed the bathroom bill despite support for it from Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick -- said the new House Select Committee on Economic Competitiveness will examine whether Texas needs to ramp up its education, infrastructure and other factors to gain advantage over other states.... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace