Straus forms panel to study business competitiveness
AUSTIN --Seeking to restore Texas' strong relationship with business after the fight over the controversial bathroom bill, House Speaker Joe Straus on Thursday announced a new legislative committee to ensure the state remains competitive in attracting new companies.
The San Antonio Republican -- who opposed the bathroom bill despite support for it from Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick -- said the new House Select Committee on Economic Competitiveness will examine whether Texas needs to ramp up its education, infrastructure and other factors to gain advantage over other states.... read more
- 21:44 Why Colts QB Andrew Luck is relieved about the condition of his...
- 21:10 U.S. says North Korea canceled planned meeting with VP Pence
- 18:58 Source: Diamondbacks acquire Steven Souza in three-team trade;...
- 18:43 With new elections near, US strains to curb Russia meddling
- 18:40 As number of Phoenix murders rise, solving rates drop
- 18:23 Kulkarni's teen drug arrest puts Fort Bend and Texas Democrats on edge
- 18:01 Scottsdale gold mine can be yours for $2.79 million
- 17:46 Animal Care and Control Department rescue stray puppies stuck...
- 17:42 Houston GOP campaign for Congress takes negative turn
- 16:36 Maricopa Community Colleges faculty in uproar over possible changes...