Straus forms panel to study business competitiveness
AUSTIN --Seeking to restore Texas' strong relationship with business after the fight over the controversial bathroom bill, House Speaker Joe Straus on Thursday announced a new legislative committee to ensure the state remains competitive in attracting new companies.
The San Antonio Republican -- who opposed the bathroom bill despite support for it from Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick -- said the new House Select Committee on Economic Competitiveness will examine whether Texas needs to ramp up its education, infrastructure and other factors to gain advantage over other states.... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston