Straus forms panel to study business competitiveness
AUSTIN --Seeking to restore Texas' strong relationship with business after the fight over the controversial bathroom bill, House Speaker Joe Straus on Thursday announced a new legislative committee to ensure the state remains competitive in attracting new companies.
The San Antonio Republican -- who opposed the bathroom bill despite support for it from Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick -- said the new House Select Committee on Economic Competitiveness will examine whether Texas needs to ramp up its education, infrastructure and other factors to gain advantage over other states.... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls