Study: Charter schools boost English-language learner rolls
Charter schools have
increasingly enrolled more English-language learners, shattering an argument from the No on 2 campaign that charters don’t serve the same populations, a new report from the Pioneer Institute finds.
While in 2009 Boston charters enrolled only 2 percent of students who were still learning the English language compared with the district’s 19 percent, the enrollment jumped after a state law mandated district schools share families’ mailing addresses and required charters to provide recruitment and retention plans with the state.
Enrollment in city charters is now 14... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...