Super Bowl notes: Philadelphia Eagles ready to go for it
When the Eagles face a fourth down on Sunday in Super Bowl LII, don't assume they are going to punt.
The Eagles went for it on fourth down 26 times in the regular season, second only to the Packers, who did it 28 times.
The Eagles converted 17 times for a 65.4 percent success rate, third highest in the NFL. That's a lot of attempts for a good team because teams that are losing usually have more fourth-down attempts.
“If it's even close to a situation where we can go for it, you don't see our guys looking to the sideline to come off,” offensive coordinator Frank Reich said. “I think it plays... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool