Surgery helped him lose almost 500 pounds. Now insurance won't help remove excess skin.
CLOSE Stanley Hollar, Rushville, lost nearly 500 pounds. His weight loss is thanks in large part to gastric bypass bariatric surgery. Now he is left with sagging excess skin, impeding him from being fitted with a new appropriately-sized prosthetic leg.
Bariatric surgery held out the promise of a new life for Stanley Hollar, who at his peak weight tipped the scales at nearly 700. Two years after his surgery, the Rushville man has lost nearly 500 pounds. But his days of obesity still haunt and hobble him - literally.
Hollar, who lost his leg below the knee years ago, can no longer... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House