Surgery helped him lose almost 500 pounds. Now insurance won't help remove excess skin.
CLOSE Stanley Hollar, Rushville, lost nearly 500 pounds. His weight loss is thanks in large part to gastric bypass bariatric surgery. Now he is left with sagging excess skin, impeding him from being fitted with a new appropriately-sized prosthetic leg.
Bariatric surgery held out the promise of a new life for Stanley Hollar, who at his peak weight tipped the scales at nearly 700. Two years after his surgery, the Rushville man has lost nearly 500 pounds. But his days of obesity still haunt and hobble him - literally.
Hollar, who lost his leg below the knee years ago, can no longer... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died