Surprise police: Trespasser forces evacuation at Ottawa University
Students and staff were evacuated from the Ottawa University Campus in Surprise Tuesday after a trespasser was found with two guns in his car, police said.
Police were called to the campus, near Bullard Avenue and Greenway Road, around 7 a.m., a man in his 30s was seen "behaving suspiciously'' on the campus, Surprise Police said.
Police detained the man, identified as Steven Ziya, 31, without incident, but during the subsequent investigation, officers discovered the man had at least two guns in his car, official said.
"Out of an abundance of caution, the students and staff were... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law