Suspect in poker den slay freed
A Bronx man accused of participating in the fatal robbery of a Manhattan poker club was freed Tuesday after a grand jury failed to indict him.
Prosecutors said murder and robbery charges are still pending against William Delvalle, 35, in the fatal shooting of math teacher Frank Desena, 55, of Wayne, N.J.
But when the grand jury hearing evidence in the case did not indict Delvalle by its deadline at the end of the day, officials said a judge was obliged to free him without bail.
Police said that during the robbery, a shotgun accidentally discharged, hitting Desena in the chest. He died at... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida