Suspected IS bomber killed in raid in Turkey, official says
ANKARA, Turkey – A Turkish official says police in the capital have fatally shot a suspected Islamic State group militant who was planning a suicide bombing.
Ercan Topaca, the governor for Ankara, says the man was killed in a raid on an apartment early Wednesday after he ignored warnings to surrender and opened fire on police.
The state-run Anadolu Agency quoted Topaca as saying the man was believed to be planning a suicide attack in the city either targeting large gatherings or to coincide with two national ceremonies in the coming weeks.
Turkey has been rocked by a series of deadly... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat