Suspected IS bomber killed in raid in Turkey, official says
ANKARA, Turkey – A Turkish official says police in the capital have fatally shot a suspected Islamic State group militant who was planning a suicide bombing.
Ercan Topaca, the governor for Ankara, says the man was killed in a raid on an apartment early Wednesday after he ignored warnings to surrender and opened fire on police.
The state-run Anadolu Agency quoted Topaca as saying the man was believed to be planning a suicide attack in the city either targeting large gatherings or to coincide with two national ceremonies in the coming weeks.
Turkey has been rocked by a series of deadly... read more
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...
- 19:15 Scottsdale daredevil Valerie Thompson crashes at more than 340 mph...
- 18:57 Diamondbacks' Brad Boxberger eager to embrace his role, whatever it...
- 18:35 High school baseball roundup: Desert Mountain stuns No. 1 Basha
- 18:13 Arizona Cardinals Insiders Podcast: Offseason grade and mailbag...
- 17:41 Study: Medical bankruptcies may not be as common as thought
- 17:41 Leading AIDS researcher selected as CDC director
- 17:07 Trump pushing Europe to fix Iran deal he may blow up anyway
- 16:27 Moore: Will Sean Miller stay at Arizona after tournament loss, NCAA...
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...