Suspected IS bomber killed in raid in Turkey, official says
ANKARA, Turkey — Turkish police on Wednesday fatally shot a suspected Islamic State group militant who was believed to be planning a suicide bomb attack in the capital.
The man was killed in a raid on a ninth-floor apartment on the outskirts of Ankara after he ignored warnings to surrender and opened fire on police, Ankara Gov. Ercan Topaca said.
The state-run Anadolu Agency quoted Topaca as saying the man was believed to be planning a suicide attack in the city — either targeting large gatherings or to coincide with two national ceremonies in the coming weeks. Topaca said police seized... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...