Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
AUSTIN — A survivor of last year's massacre in Sutherland Springs said law-abiding gun owners need to push back against the National Rifle Association in light of a rash of school shootings that have left dozens of Texans dead.
"Why can't people like you and me, why can't we force the NRA to back off," said David Colbath, a lay minister and construction worker who was shot eight times, to a fellow gun owner at Gov. Greg Abbott's roundtable discussion with survivors, family and community members from recent mass shootings Thursday.
Colbath, who said, "I love the NRA, by the... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot