Sweden won't prosecute Italian stem cell scientist
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish prosecutors have abandoned an investigation against a disgraced Italian stem cell scientist suspected of involuntary manslaughter in connection with three patients who died after windpipe transplants.
Prosecutor Jennie Nordin said it can't be proven that Dr. Paolo Macchiarini would be guilty of either causing another's death or causing bodily harm, so he is no longer a suspect.
"We have been unable to prove that any crimes have been committed," Nordin told a news conference Thursday.
"We are satisfied that the probe has been discontinued,"... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston