Sydney train roof explodes; 1 hurt
Sydney commuters were left stunned when the roof of a train “exploded” as it approached a platform in the city’s inner west.
One man was injured after a roof hatch flew off the train at Burwood station on Monday afternoon.
SOUTH SUDAN PLANE CRASH LEAVES SEVERAL INJURED
Witnesses said the explosion sounded “like fireworks” with one reporting hearing an “almighty bang”.
The injured commuter was treated by paramedics at the scene.
A small fire in the roof had self-extinguished by the time New South Wales Fire and Rescue crews arrived.
The man who required treatment after the incident has... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor