Syria hit by nationwide power blackout
A sudden power outage hit Syria on Thursday, the Syrian Ministry of Electricity said, according to the official Syrian Arab News Agency.
Maintenance teams were working to identify the cause of the blackout and quickly restore electricity, an unidentified source at the ministry told the agency.
Internet service was restored following a partial outage to all provinces, the Syrian Telecommunications Company said, according to SANA.
Electricity blackouts have occurred frequently during the 5-year-old conflict engulfing Syria, but it is rare for the entire country to be affected at the same... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case