Syrian rebels' arsenal includes remote-controlled truck bombs
KAFER ZAITA, Syria -- Late in the afternoon on the second day of the intense fighting that raged in Kafer Zaita for much of last week, a massive explosion rocked the small northern town. "Abdullah," who commands a small unit of rebel fighters, smiled. "I was waiting for that," he said. "We just sent them a little gift."
"They" were the army forces who for two days had been attempting to break out of their stronghold in the center of the town, and the "gift" was a truck laden with what the rebels said was 660 pounds of a homemade explosive.... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world