Tablets, laptops and drones: Amazon gifts Arizona schools free technology
CLOSE Arizona became a state on Feb. 14, 1912.
To honor Arizona's 106th birthday on Wednesday, Amazon gifted schools in Maricopa County more than $230,000 in gifts for their STEM programs.
STEM programs emphasize science, technology, engineering and math. The gifts included tablets, laptops, drones, smart watches, headphones and speakers.
The Maricopa County Education Service Agency, with the help of some students from Bioscience High School in Phoenix, sorted all of the donated items into categories that would pertain to various programs at different schools.
The agency will determine... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'