Tablets, laptops and drones: Amazon gifts Arizona schools free technology
CLOSE Arizona became a state on Feb. 14, 1912.
To honor Arizona's 106th birthday on Wednesday, Amazon gifted schools in Maricopa County more than $230,000 in gifts for their STEM programs.
STEM programs emphasize science, technology, engineering and math. The gifts included tablets, laptops, drones, smart watches, headphones and speakers.
The Maricopa County Education Service Agency, with the help of some students from Bioscience High School in Phoenix, sorted all of the donated items into categories that would pertain to various programs at different schools.
The agency will determine... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...