Tax filing season opens with old rules for one more year. Here's what you need to know
CLOSE If you search the IRS website for tax forms, you'll get over 900 results. Here are the ones you need to know.
Forget everything you learned about tax reform — at least temporarily. Most of the prior rules involving deductions and other issues will stay in force for one more year.
Only a couple tax-reform measures enacted in December will affect individuals filing 2017 returns in coming weeks and months, says researcher Wolters Kluwer. Here's a look at those changes and other provisions of note, including some pertaining to the upcoming tax-return filing season:
Reform tweaksThe main... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez