Tax filing season opens with old rules for one more year. Here's what you need to know
CLOSE If you search the IRS website for tax forms, you'll get over 900 results. Here are the ones you need to know.
Forget everything you learned about tax reform — at least temporarily. Most of the prior rules involving deductions and other issues will stay in force for one more year.
Only a couple tax-reform measures enacted in December will affect individuals filing 2017 returns in coming weeks and months, says researcher Wolters Kluwer. Here's a look at those changes and other provisions of note, including some pertaining to the upcoming tax-return filing season:
Reform tweaksThe main... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...