Tax-reform bonuses: Which businesses are giving them to Arizona employees
Probably the biggest winners from the tax-reform legislation enacted in December were corporations, which will benefit from a reduction in their top income-tax rateto 21 percent from 35 percent starting this year.
And a growing number of large employers have responded by announcing bonuses or pay hikes for their staffs in Arizona and elsewhere, especially for lower-paid workers.
Many companies are citing tax reform as the catalyst, though a tightening labor market and rising profitability also are playing a role. Boosting wages is one of several uses companies can choose for the increased... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates