Tax-reform bonuses: Which businesses are giving them to Arizona employees
Probably the biggest winners from the tax-reform legislation enacted in December were corporations, which will benefit from a reduction in their top income-tax rateto 21 percent from 35 percent starting this year.
And a growing number of large employers have responded by announcing bonuses or pay hikes for their staffs in Arizona and elsewhere, especially for lower-paid workers.
Many companies are citing tax reform as the catalyst, though a tightening labor market and rising profitability also are playing a role. Boosting wages is one of several uses companies can choose for the increased... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler