Tech Five: Google testing voice-enabled payments system
If Google's plan works out, consumers will soon be able to pay for stuff at stores using their voice.
Let's look at technology stocks to watch Thursday:
Alphabet. Google is testing out a mobile payments service called Hands Free where users can pay using only a voice command. When a consumer using the app is ready to make a purchase, they say "I'll pay with Google" to process. The service is being tested in San Francisco.
Angie's List. The ratings and reviews site for local businesses is replacing its standard subscription model for tiered plans, including a free option. The... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House