Tech Five: Google testing voice-enabled payments system
If Google's plan works out, consumers will soon be able to pay for stuff at stores using their voice.
Let's look at technology stocks to watch Thursday:
Alphabet. Google is testing out a mobile payments service called Hands Free where users can pay using only a voice command. When a consumer using the app is ready to make a purchase, they say "I'll pay with Google" to process. The service is being tested in San Francisco.
Angie's List. The ratings and reviews site for local businesses is replacing its standard subscription model for tiered plans, including a free option. The... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing