Tech Five: Groupon shares rally
Yahoo isn't the only tech company to enjoy a bump in stock price thanks to Alibaba.
Let's look at tech stocks to watch Tuesday:
Groupon. Shares of the daily deals service surged 36% in morning trading after Alibaba disclosed acquiring a stake in the company. A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows the Chinese e-commerce giant scooped up more than 32 million shares in Groupon. As the Associated Press notes, it gives Alibaba a 5.6% stake in Groupon.
Apple. The company's mobile payments service, Apple Pay, will go live in China on February 18, reports Reuters. The report... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...