Tech Five: Groupon shares rally
Yahoo isn't the only tech company to enjoy a bump in stock price thanks to Alibaba.
Let's look at tech stocks to watch Tuesday:
Groupon. Shares of the daily deals service surged 36% in morning trading after Alibaba disclosed acquiring a stake in the company. A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows the Chinese e-commerce giant scooped up more than 32 million shares in Groupon. As the Associated Press notes, it gives Alibaba a 5.6% stake in Groupon.
Apple. The company's mobile payments service, Apple Pay, will go live in China on February 18, reports Reuters. The report... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia