Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke haggle over debates as Aug. 31 looms
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and his Democratic rival Beto O’Rourke have hit an impasse in their debate negotiations that raises questions as to whether the two will face off at all before their Nov. 6 showdown.
Two weeks ago Cruz and O’Rourke agreed in principle on at least five debates — the first being on Aug. 31.
But both camps are expressing frustration with the opponent’s camp for not finalizing a deal. Cruz and his campaign said they are waiting on final confirmation from O’Rourke’s team. O’Rourke campaign manager Jody Casey left messages with Cruz’s campaign manager, Jeff Roe, and said she... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'