Ted Cruz sticks up for Alex Jones after Facebook ban
Sen. Ted Cruz criticized Facebook and defended Alex Jones over the weekend after the social media giant temporarily banned the ring-wing conspiracy theorist from its site.
"[I] am no fan of Jones— among other things he has a habit of repeatedly slandering my Dad by falsely and absurdly accusing him of killing JFK— but who the hell made Facebook the arbiter of political speech?" Cruz asked on Twitter. "Free speech includes views you disagree with."
Facebook banned Jones for 30 days last week after he threatened former FBI director and special counsel Robert Mueller.
Am no... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...