Teen battling cancer shaves head 'before chemo gets a chance to'
A 17-year-old Georgia teen battling cancer for a second time decided to take a stand against the disease by shaving her head before chemotherapy caused her hair to fall out.
I wasn't going to let cancer have control over me . I was gonna choose when I lost my hair. That day was today. pic.twitter.com/4DC069UAAn
— Mckenzi Middlebrooks (@mckenzi426) April 16, 2017 McKenzi Middlebrooks, who was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer at age 14, learned around Christmas that not only had her cancer returned after two years in remission, but that she would also be battling neuroblastoma this time as... read more
- 08:23 Don't miss the best meteor shower of 2017, happening Thursday morning
- 08:23 Mesa officials hope new Pioneer Park will encourage play – for both...
- 07:22 Former state special education director says TEA knew about...
- 07:14 'The Usual Santas,' crime fiction that's both naughty and nice
- 06:41 India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
- 06:09 Russia says it supports its athletes competing in the Olympics...
- 01:29 Late-night host Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care
- 23:58 Police: Tucson man dies in motorcycle crash in New Mexico
- 23:58 'Conditions have not changed': Activists call for policy reforms in...
- 21:12 Filing is over -- now the hard part begins for Texas political...