Tempe fire chief: Community, country 'lost a real hero' in Kyle Brayer
CLOSE Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell and Greg Ruiz, Tempe Fire Medical Rescue chief, talk about Tempe fire Capt. Kyle Brayer, who was shot dead Feb. 4, 2018, in Scottsdale. Tom Tingle/azcentral.com
Colleagues of a slain Tempe fire captain gathered Monday to speak about the loss of the firefighter, teacher, former Marine and friend.
Tempe Fire chief Greg Ruiz struggled to find the right words for what it means to have lost Kyle Brayer. The 34-year-old was shot dead early Sunday in Scottsdale.
"It’s a fire chief’s nightmare,” Ruiz said. “How do you get over a loss of a family member? A third... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...