Tempe fire chief: Community, country 'lost a real hero' in Kyle Brayer
CLOSE Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell and Greg Ruiz, Tempe Fire Medical Rescue chief, talk about Tempe fire Capt. Kyle Brayer, who was shot dead Feb. 4, 2018, in Scottsdale. Tom Tingle/azcentral.com
Colleagues of a slain Tempe fire captain gathered Monday to speak about the loss of the firefighter, teacher, former Marine and friend.
Tempe Fire chief Greg Ruiz struggled to find the right words for what it means to have lost Kyle Brayer. The 34-year-old was shot dead early Sunday in Scottsdale.
"It’s a fire chief’s nightmare,” Ruiz said. “How do you get over a loss of a family member? A third... read more
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans