Tesla's Autopilot self-driving system slammed in lawsuit
Tesla's Autopilot partial self-driving system is flawed, causing cars to steer erratically when it is engaged, and the electric automaker hasn't been timely in delivering promised safety features, a lawsuit filed Wednesday alleges.
"Autopilot capabilities that consumers paid $5,000 extra to obtain are anything but 'safer' and 'stress free,'" alleges the lawsuit on behalf of three Tesla owners. "Many owners report the Autopilot is essentially unusable and demonstrably dangerous."
The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., seeks class-action status. Tesla,... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston