Texas AG Ken Paxton backs $2M loan to wife's state Senate campaign
AUSTIN -- Attorney General Ken Paxton's political campaign guaranteed a $2 million loan to help his wife fuel her bid for a state Senate seat in North Texas.
The Bank of the Ozarks loaned the money to Angela Paxton, a Collin County Republican, with the help of Ken Paxton's campaign operating as a guarantor, according to the attorney general's campaign spokesman. That means if Paxton's wife's campaign cannot pay the loan back, Ken Paxton's campaign is responsible for paying off the debt.
"Attorney General Paxton is confident she is going to win and her campaign will be able to pay back... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia