Texas AG Ken Paxton backs $2M loan to wife's state Senate campaign
AUSTIN -- Attorney General Ken Paxton's political campaign guaranteed a $2 million loan to help his wife fuel her bid for a state Senate seat in North Texas.
The Bank of the Ozarks loaned the money to Angela Paxton, a Collin County Republican, with the help of Ken Paxton's campaign operating as a guarantor, according to the attorney general's campaign spokesman. That means if Paxton's wife's campaign cannot pay the loan back, Ken Paxton's campaign is responsible for paying off the debt.
"Attorney General Paxton is confident she is going to win and her campaign will be able to pay back... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve