Texas again ranks among the nation's least politically engaged states
Early voting is a week away in Texas' primaries, but don't expect to see many neighbors in line at the polls.
That's the takeaway from a new study from The University of Texas at Austin, which finds that Texas remains among the most apathetic states in the nation when measured by civic engagement.
"This report highlights the compelling need to work together to support civic engagement across Texas to strengthen our communities and increase citizen involvement in public life," said Susan Nold, director of the Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life, one of the study's authors.... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve