Texas House not done fighting sexual harassment
AUSTIN — The Texas House is reinvesting energy into figuring out what it can do to stop sexual harassment in the halls of the state Legislature.
Outgoing Republican House Speaker Joe Straus announced Wednesday that a new working group of House members will recommend steps the chamber can take to eliminate sexual harassment by reviewing current policies and researching what steps other states have taken.
The creation of the 10-member committee comes five months after the House Committee on Administration settled on a new sexual harassment policy in December. The impetus for that policy came... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care