Texas lawmakers praise Harvey funding - say more may be needed
WASHINGTON – Houston and the Gulf region came out well with an $89.3 billion disaster relief package signed earlier this month by President Donald Trump, but a group of Texas lawmakers warned Thursday that there is still work to be done to recover from Hurricane Harvey and prepare for future floods.
"This legislation addresses all of the concerns that we have now," said Houston Democrat Al Green. "Whether it will totally, completely and absolutely address all the concerns is something we may have to visit at a later time."
Green made his remarks in a Capitol Hill press... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...