Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick takes issue with actress Sandra Bullock
Texas Lieutenant Gov. Dan Patrick is not too pleased that Oscar winning actress Sandra Bullock has agreed to star in a movie about Texas senator Wendy Davis, whose 13-hour filibuster helped stall an anti-abortion bill in 2013.
"It saddens me that Sandra Bullock agreed to play Wendy Davis in a movie called 'Let Her Speak,'" Patrick said in downtown Austin, just miles from where Bullock once owned a home.
When a member of the audience doubted it, Patrick assured the crowd it was true.
"Sandra Bullock," he repeated. "I used to like her."
But Patrick said he's... read more
- 01:02 Blue Ridge boys earn victory over Chandler Valley Christian in 3A...
- 00:39 Ex-Trump aide pleads guilty, will cooperate in Russia probe
- 00:39 How the AP-NORC poll on America's mood was conducted
- 23:56 No. 12 Monument Valley girls basketball upsets No. 1 Ganado in 3A...
- 23:56 Shadow Mountain will face Salpointe Catholic again for 4A...
- 23:35 Seton Catholic girls basketball to meet Pueblo after blowout win...
- 22:57 Mesa man who sought state investigator job accused of having child...
- 22:54 Cancer: Asheville firefighters face job danger even deadlier than fire
- 22:50 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...
- 22:48 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...