Texas Rep. Weberâs forays into Russian politics may include meeting with accused agent Maria Butina
WASHINGTON - Alleged Russian agent Maria Butina has caused a stir in Congress since an indictment last week accused her of trying to influence conservative organizations and politicians.
But if the red-haired, 29-year-old gun-rights activist from Siberia ever met Texas Congressman Randy Weber, she appears not to have made much of an impression.
The Republican from Friendswood, a former member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said through a spokeswoman Tuesday that Butina was scheduled to participate in a 2015 meeting he had with then-Russian Central Bank Deputy Governor Alexander... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'