Texas rolls out cash incentives for electric cars
Texas, the nation’s most prolific producer of petroleum, is accepting applications for a $2,500 incentive for buying electric and hybrid vehicles.
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality rolled out the new rules on Wednesday for the program approved by the Texas Legislature last year. The commission is responsible for the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan, which is intended to improve air quality across the state. The program will cut a check for up to $5,000 to buyers of eligible compressed natural gas and liquified petroleum gas vehicles.
Trey Lyon, a 29-year-old Houstonian in the oil... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world