Texas school finance panel sets date for public input
AUSTIN — Members of the public will have a chance to address the newly-formed Texas Commission on Public School Finance in late March.
The 13-member panel met Thursday for the second time to discuss ways to overhaul the state's education funding system after the state Supreme Court declared Texas' funding system was deeply flawed and barely constitutional.
The commission plans to hear public testimony at a meeting on March 23 where members of the public will have the opportunity to share their ideas on how to reform the state's school funding system.
At Thursday's meeting, the commission... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez