Texas school finance panel sets date for public input
AUSTIN — Members of the public will have a chance to address the newly-formed Texas Commission on Public School Finance in late March.
The 13-member panel met Thursday for the second time to discuss ways to overhaul the state's education funding system after the state Supreme Court declared Texas' funding system was deeply flawed and barely constitutional.
The commission plans to hear public testimony at a meeting on March 23 where members of the public will have the opportunity to share their ideas on how to reform the state's school funding system.
At Thursday's meeting, the commission... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...