Thanks to Texas, Cowboys' Tony Romo is the NFL's highest-paid player
Tony Romo's new six-year, $108 million contract, which he signed last week, made him the NFL's fifth-highest paid player.
However, according to Uncle Sam's rankings, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback is the NFL's highest-salaried player.
Romo plies his craft in Texas, which has no state income tax.
A story on the website, Americans for Tax Reform, says Romo's take-home pay will surpass New Orleans' Drew Brees.
According to the story ... with Romo’s income tax burden being 39.6 percent – the top marginal federal income tax rate in the U.S. – and estimated tax liability of $7.12 million, he... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional