The closest race in Texas is the one to unseat Ken Paxton
All eyes are focused on Texas' top races for Senate and governorship, but as the Huffington Post points out, the closest contest in Texas is the one for the state's attorney general.
A recent survey by the University of Texas and Texas Tribune made headlines when it revealed Republican Ted Cruz led Democrat Beto O'Rourke by a five-point margin.
Less discussed among the survey results was a poll showing incumbent Ken Paxton virtually tied with Democratic nominee Justin Nelson.
The poll, which surveyed 1,200 registered voters last month, found Paxton leading Nelson by one point with a margin... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'