The Image Officer With a Lot to Fix
IT’S show time for Anne M. Finucane.
Her co-star on this day, Bill Clinton, is waiting offstage. The audience shifts in its seats. The spotlight goes up and ... action!
It’s a Thursday in early December, at a conference center near Orlando, and Ms. Finucane is busy shaping an image. Or, rather, trying to reshape one. This choreographed interview with the former president before a select group of businesspeople is, in fact, part of a much larger effort to rehabilitate one of the most demonized corporations in America.
That company is Ms. Finucane’s employer, Bank of America. Until recently,... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls