The Latest: Beatles' producer George Martin dies at 90
LONDON — The Latest on the death of George Martin (all times local):
Paul McCartney says Beatles producer George Martin was the true fifth Beatle and "like a second father to me."
McCartney has paid tribute to Martin, who guided the Beatles to stratospheric success and has died aged 90.
He said that "if anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was George," and credited Martin with strokes of musical genius including the string arrangement on "Yesterday," one of the band's most enduring songs.
McCartney said in a statement that "the world... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House