The Latest: Billy Graham gave more than prayer to presidents
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Billy Graham's relationship with the presidents (all times local):
The Rev. Billy Graham was a presidential fixture stretching back to the early years of the Cold War.
Harry Truman rebuffed but later embraced Graham. He urged Dwight D. Eisenhower to run for president and played golf with John F. Kennedy.
Graham was close to Lyndon B. Johnson. His relationship with Richard Nixon was long and then complicated by Watergate. Jimmy Carter gave Graham some credit for weakening communism.
George H.W. Bush said Graham reassured him on the eve of the Persian... read more
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34