The Latest: Erdogan: Turkey spoils 'sectarian' plan in Mosul
BAGHDAD — The Latest on the developments in Iraq as government forces and their allies press ahead in the battle for IS-held city of Mosul (all times local):
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has suggested that forces he did not name were trying to keep Turkey away from the operation to liberate Mosul because his country was spoiling plans to change the sectarian balance in the region.
Erdogan's comments came amid heightened tensions with Iraq over the presence in northern Iraq of Turkish troops training Iraqi fighters to help retake Mosul. Turkish warnings about sectarian... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...