The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Ronny Jackson, President Donald Trump's nominee to serve as Veterans Affairs secretary (all times local):
White House doctor Ronny Jackson is considering withdrawing his nomination to serve as secretary of Veterans Affairs. That's while he struggles with allegations that include recklessly prescribing drugs and drunken behavior.
A senior administration official says Jackson still denies most of the allegations against him, but says he is increasingly frustrated by the process. The source wasn't authorized to publicly discuss internal deliberations... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks